[Vision2020] Property Owners (Taxpayer Rights)

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat May 12 01:01:20 PDT 2007

Andreas,

  Maybe you are right, and surely are better versed in law than me. But as I understand it, a definition of "property owner" has never been established in this country, and the Constitution does not actually explicitly ensure the right to vote. Individual states decide who can and cannot vote and what those requirements will be, with exception of course by race, gender and age based on the 14th and 26th amendments, respectively.

  Best,

  Donovan

Andreas Schou <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:
  On 5/11/07, Donovan Arnold wrote:
> I think the key word is "may" restrict to landowners,it is not "shall". The
> legislature has chosen not to, on account they would not win reelection.

D --

And on account of the fact that we are a nation with universal
suffrage, and I doubt that the 14th Amendment would look kindly on
methods of voting that proposed to restrict the franchise to those
rich enough to own property.

-- ACS

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com