[Vision2020] Taxpayer Rights

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 17:47:56 PDT 2007

Keely Wrote:

  "It takes a special kind of hubris, a terrific form of arrogance, to propose an analogy that attempts to equate slavery and the civil disobedience -- revolt -- required to end it, and the burdens of being a white guy who thinks he pays too much in taxes."

  It takes a special kind of ignorance to get that from what I wrote. I wasn't comparing slavery and property taxes as equal injustices, but as an unarguable demonstration of how a majority popular vote can violate people's rights, Keely. You need to read what I said and let it absorb before reacting on such an emotional level. I do recognize the difference in severity of the two injustices.

  I do find your remarks disturbing for their racist and sexist content. If you truly believe that discrimination and mistreatment is limited only to people of color or the female gender I would say all you have to do is visit your county funded nursing homes, which are full of old white fat guys that paid their taxes to MSD and got screwed in the end, but unfortunately you voted them away in favor of more funding for the MSD Administration, so I guess you can keep your ignorant belief.

  Best,

  Donovan

keely emerinemix <kjajmix1 at msn.com> wrote:
      P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    It takes a special kind of hubris, a terrific form of arrogance, to propose an analogy that attempts to equate slavery and the civil disobedience -- revolt -- required to end it, and the burdens of being a white guy who thinks he pays too much in taxes.

keely