[Vision2020] Lawsuit Could Be a Disastrous Legal Action That is Not Pro-Ed or Pro-Kids

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 20:41:00 PDT 2007

Mr. Carscallen writes:

  "First, Donovan says:
  'Why doesn't it  [MSD]  sell its high value city property for newer buildings on cheaper land, education can occur in anywhere?'
  hmm, back during the facilities election, Mr. Arnold campaigned pretty hard against it:
  http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2005-April/015446.html"

  I am not opposed to new facilities, I was opposed to a new high school, particularly on with shady of deal making and a building that would be just half a high school for $29 million on the edge of town. I advocated, then and now, to sell off West Park and the bus terminal in Moscow to build a new elementary school and repair Russell and the Junior High.

    "I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that electronic bulletin board was paid for with funds raised by the class of 1989.  I'm sure you can come up with an invoice to prove me wrong, though.  and lunch prices haven't gone up a heckuva lot in the last twenty years.  I recall paying $21.00 for 20 punches way back in 1987.  Now I pay $22.50 for 15 for my kids.  going from $1.05 to $1.50 in 20 years ain't too hard to swallow.  I wish gas prices only went up about 2 cents a year.  Well, actually, I wish they didn't go up at all, but that's another subject . . ."

  I am sure lunch hasn't risen much, but it increased 25% to 50% depending on what you bought when I attended Moscow High School. You might be correct about the bulletin board funding, it was put up in 1991 or 1992 when I was a student there. It might have just coincided with the 1992 levy and the auditorium connecting the main building to the Annex.  I was kid back then, but I remember being upset about the huge increase in food prices. I remember it being enough to send me off campus to buy lunch at the Third Street Market, where the old Co-op was before it moved to Gart's.

    "I could probably come up with more stuff, but there ain't enough time in the day.  I'm too busy tipping over the wheelchairs of handicapped kids, remember?"

  I doubt that, more likely you are helping people being as an EMT. However, you did petition the City Council to block a daycare that catered to children with disabilities from moving next door.

  Best,

  Donovan

Dan Carscallen <areaman at moscow.com> wrote:       I can't sit back, I gotta call Donovan out on a couple things:

  First, Donovan says:
  "Why doesn't it  [MSD]  sell its high value city property for newer buildings on cheaper land, education can occur in anywhere? "

  hmm, back during the facilities election, Mr. Arnold campaigned pretty hard against it:
  http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2005-April/015446.html

  then he states:
  "FYI, the 1992 funding was to put up an electronic bulletin board to announce sporting events and the connection between the Annex and the kitchen. Then they turned around and increased the lunch and food prices. Their priorities seem to have been rather backwards, even back then."

  I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that electronic bulletin board was paid for with funds raised by the class of 1989.  I'm sure you can come up with an invoice to prove me wrong, though.  and lunch prices haven't gone up a heckuva lot in the last twenty years.  I recall paying $21.00 for 20 punches way back in 1987.  Now I pay $22.50 for 15 for my kids.  going from $1.05 to $1.50 in 20 years ain't too hard to swallow.  I wish gas prices only went up about 2 cents a year.  Well, actually, I wish they didn't go up at all, but that's another subject . . .

  Then, in response to Keely:
  "Why is it that every person you disagree with, in your eyes, has horns and a tail? Don't you think it is possible to be a good person but disagree with you on how to approach a problem?"

  I disagree with Keely on occasion, and I've met her in person.  Heck, she even gave me a hug once or twice.  She didn't mention my horns or my tail.  Maybe she was being polite.  If so, at least she's got that going for her.

  I could probably come up with more stuff, but there ain't enough time in the day.  I'm too busy tipping over the wheelchairs of handicapped kids, remember?

  your pal,

  DC
List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com