[Vision2020] School Levy (Vote No)

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 2 10:09:17 PST 2005

Do we need a new High School?

Why? There was nothing wrong with it when I attended it just 13 years ago.

Is it because we have a huge influx of new high school students? Is it
because we think the old HS cannot be renovated?

Are we going to abandon the old HS, or are we suppose to have two High
Schools?

How can we afford two high schools when we cannot afford even one?

How much more in property taxes are we going to pay to maintain and staff
the new one?

Why not just fix the old one if it is breaking down?

Will the new school include bunk beds because many of their parents may be
homeless with the continued outrageous property taxes being placed on
people? Rents and housing prices are high enough. I am all for supporting
education, but this idea makes no sense at all. So I will not support it
unless they have strong reasons to raise the rent on everyone again and they
answer my questions.

Further, there are other issues that are more important than this that
should warrant a bond levy of $29 million. How about $29 million for a low
income housing and homeless center instead? Better pay for new teachers? A
few crosswalk bridges across 3rd street? How about drinkable water? All of
these issues effect everyone and need to be addressed before we start
spending money we do not have on brand new schools.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold