[Vision2020] Why is this not treason?

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Mar 27 18:13:51 PDT 2007

Because . . . I don't know . . . we've re-defined "treason" as "not doing what Cheney and Bush, et al, say we should do to support the troops"?  And "asking hard questions of the incompetents in office," as well as "buying Dixie Chicks CDs."This is certainly an outrage, very likely treasonous, and won't be prosecuted as such because it's business, and business is the elixir of the right.keelyFrom: deco at moscow.comTo: vision2020 at moscow.comDate: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:49:58 -0700Subject: [Vision2020] Why is this not treason?

Why are not the acts described below treason?  Why have not the
responsible parties been tried for treason?  Instead the company has been
reward with a new contract with $50 of the $100 million applied in payment of
that contract.

Perhaps all you V 2020 clear-headed Bush Administration Apologist can
explain?

W.

Defense contractor admits sending classified materials overseas, will pay
$100 million penalty
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The leading manufacturer of night vision gear for the
Defense Department has admitted sending classified materials overseas and will
pay a $100 million penalty, according to federal prosecutors, who say the
actions of ITT Corp. have jeopardized the security of U.S. soldiers.
ITT, based in Roanoke, Va., exported classified or sensitive technical data
to China, Singapore and Britain without having obtained authorization from the
United States, prosecutors said.
The conviction is the first involving a major defense contractor violating
the Arms Export Control Act, prosecutors said.
Saying that American soldiers are "the principal
victims of ITT's crimes," U.S. Attorney John Brownlee said he
has structured the $100 million penalty so that half of the money is spent by
ITT to develop a next-generation night vision system and "ensure that our
soldiers have the best night vision equipment in the world." --From CNN Producer
Mike M. Ahlers (Posted 12:36 p.m.)