[Vision2020] Protest at Archies on the Square

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 14:56:41 PDT 2007

I've never met JeanC; I don't know here motives.  However, I prefer to
be optimistic about human nature, so I am going to state publicly that
JeanC is undoubtedly a wonderful person who didn't mean for her simple
question to cast aspersions on the possibly (likely?) entirely
innocent proprietors of Archie's on the Square.

A similar situation evolved with Bucer's several years ago.  The rumor
spread that a Bucer's employee had evicted a gay couple from the
premises for the crime of their gayness.  No one saw it happen, the
incident was never corroborated in any remote fashion, and no one ever
stepped forward as the putative victim or victims.  Still, the rumor
persisted for months.

My advice?  If you don't KNOW that something reputation-damaging
occurred, then you shouldn't repeat it.

Nowadays, if it the evidence isn't posted on Youtube, it probably didn't happen.