[Vision2020] Words Bring Pause

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 13:47:31 PDT 2007

On 3/11/07, J Ford <privatejf32 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Texas, California, Colorado, New Mexico, New York, Florida....want me to
> continue?  They have ALL had the exact same kind of vote and Spanish was the
> language in question.

What do Texas, California, Colorado, and Florida have in common? They
were territories originally settled by the Spanish. Spanish is,
historically, the language of the first European immigrants to those
areas. Why is it so terribly unreasonable that the language of the
first settlers be considered an official language of the state,
alongside English?

-- ACS