[Vision2020] Ed the Viking, Greenland, and Global Warming

Megan Prusynski megan at meganpru.com
Mon Mar 12 08:40:15 PDT 2007

This is just a guess (since I'm not Nick), but perhaps the statistics
on livestock contributing more to global warming than all
transportation combined came from this UN's Food and Agriculture
Organization report: http://www.fao.org/newsroom/en/news/2006/1000448/
index.html

Here's a quote from the above article:
"Which causes more greenhouse gas emissions, rearing cattle or
driving cars?

Surprise!

According to a new report published by the United Nations Food and
Agriculture Organization, the livestock sector generates more
greenhouse gas emissions as measured in CO2 equivalent - 18 percent -
than transport. It is also a major source of land and water
degradation."

Looks like going vegetarian has more positive impact on global
warming than getting a hybrid. :) PETA has written a letter to Al
Gore asking if he'd consider going veg (and offering to make him some
fine vegan cookin') in order to reduce his impact on global warming
and set an example. We'll see if he responds. Here's the article on
that from PETA's blog: http://blog.peta.org/archives/2007/03/
clearing_a_few.php

If anyone needs vegetarian recipes or tips, I have plenty to share. ;)

peace,
~Megan

Message: 5