[Vision2020] Words Bring Pause

Saundra Lund sslund at roadrunner.com
Mon Mar 12 07:01:29 PDT 2007

Hi Dan,

I think I get your point . . . in spite of it being an hour earlier  :-)

To me, I see a huge difference between politeness and using the teeth of the
law.  In a perfect world, I do think it would be not only polite but also
wise to learn the common language before taking up residence in another
country.

However, this isn't a perfect world, and whether or not one has such an
opportunity depends on too many factors to list.  For instance, if I'm
fleeing my home country because a government Death Squad is looking for me,
I hope you'd be willing to cut me some slack.

Similarly, I hope you're not saying that only those who are of a certain
economic and/or educational status with the opportunity to learn English in
advance are welcome here!

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****