[Vision2020] Words Bring Pause

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 16:45:21 PDT 2007

J.

First off, as I already posted, Canada did in fact have a discussion about
what languages to include as "official" languages, and passed laws to
address this discussion, becoming officially bi-lingual, so there is a
nation where this discussion has occurred, despite your claim to the
contrary.

Furthermore, I do not know of anyone asking that Spanish, for
example, become the official language of the USA to replace English.  You
are distorting this discussion to suit your purpose by making the position
you are arguing against seem extreme and absurd.

And given you are living in a culture that invaded North America displacing
with genocidal efficiency numerous cultures with their own religion,
language and ways of life, who had lived here for thousands of years, I
wonder if you are going to learn a Native American language given your
statement below:

> Like Tom said - you go to a country, you abide by their language and
> customs, not demand that they change for you.  PERIOD.  End of story.
>

> J  :]

Ted Moffett