[Vision2020] Al Gore wins an Oscar for...

david sarff davesway at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 3 18:30:40 PST 2007

I agree withTed. Gore is undeniably fat with excessive energy use for one
guy. Its also not everyone that can drop all attachments in one fell swoop.
As I pointed out, we don’t have a comprehensive examination of Gores
specific situation. With just this building we don’t know if it is
measurably more efficient compared to the past, we don’t know what the
energy plan is for the building. For all we know its getting water catchment
refitting and a plan for thermal mass energy storage. Its as if we took a
picture of a fat person loosing weight during the weight loss program while
they advise others of the dangers of being fat. What has happened here ( as
you know) is that he used his high profile to push the message, its hard to
find persons in that position that will stand up like he did. Prince Charles
did just recently and caught plenty of spit from dissenters too.
As things go with the rich. Gore inherited a lot of occidental petroleum
stock and if he has not chucked those nor worked a faze out of them. He’s
going to deserve a good  dragging through the mud.
Now that he has our attentions with regard to climate change, he should lead
by example. It will be interesting to watch.
  Its too bad the president isn’t leading us on this. His home in Texas is
actually very well engineered for lower energy consumption.
Dave