[Vision2020] [Addendum] Poster Biographies --

thansen at moscow.com thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jun 28 13:00:51 PDT 2007

Oops!

I almost forgot my most-significant other.

My spouse, Rodna, being a native born North Idahoan (Coeur d'Alene) and I
(native born Californian on service in the Army) were married June 1,
1973.

Guess where?

WRONG!

We were married in the Chapel by the Sea located at the Newport Naval
Station (Newport, Rhode Island) by a Navy Chaplain (Lieutenant
Commander), but that is a long, long story for another day.

Saturday, people.

Tom Hansen

> --===============0450343103==
>
> Tom Hansen
>
> Born in North Hollywood, California on May 12, 1951.
>
> Attended Carson High School (LA) and Chatsworth High School (Class
of '69)

> Entered the US Army On June 14, 1969.  Retired from the Army on July
15,
> 1989, having served tours in:
>
> Fort Ord, California (Basic and AIT)
> Phu Bai, RVN
> Merrell Barracks (Nurnberg, Germany)
> Fort Dix, New Jersey
> Camp Humphreys (An Jong Ri, ROK)
> Presidio of San Francisco, California
> Kelley Barracks (Stuttgart, Germany)
> National Training Center (Fort Irwin, California)
> Harvey Barracks (Kitzingen, Germany)
> Balboa Naval Hospital (Out-Patient)
> Fort Ord, California (Separation, Medical Board processing and
RETIREMENT)

> Moved to Pinehurst, Idaho and attended North Idao College (graduating
in
> May 1992, AS in Computer Science)
>
> Transferred to University of Idaho in August of 1992, graduating in May
> 1996 (BS in Information Systems)
>
> That's right (an AS in CS followed by a BS in IS) . . . M - O - U - S -
E.

> Worked as secretary at NROTC, University of Idaho.  Gary Hagan (of
Christ
> Church fame) will verify this, as he was the unit's executivce officer
at
> the time.
>
> Woke up and realized that I was surrounded by squids and Gomers at
work,
> and proceeded to get a real job at Facilities.
>
> Saturday, people.
>
> Tom Hansen
> (who will probably spnd most of Satrurday on the Burbank Airport's
> tarmack)
>

> > Andreas,I think this is a great post even though it will probably get
> hi-ja> cked from you for something completely irrelevant.  Anyway, I
will
> start
> it>  off and wait to hear from the rest.My name is Tim Rigsby.  I am a
25
> year
> > old University of Idaho graduate.  While in Moscow, from 2000 to
2005, I
> st> udied Physical Education and School & Community Education in the
> Department>  of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance.  I
had
> a couple of
> j> obs while in Moscow the first being for the UI Athletic Training
room
> as a
> > Student Athletic Trainer.  That only lasted a semester.  Then I went
on
> > work for Northwest River Supply in the warehouse.  Finally, from 2001
> 20> 05, I worked in various positions for Moscow-Pullman Building
> Supply.  I
> me> t a lot of great people in Moscow while working and going to school
> and
> sti> ll maintain some close friendships with a variety of people.
> Currently I
> a> m employed by the Boise School District as a Secondary teacher.  I
> currentl> y teach 10th grade Physical Education, 9th grade Physical
> Education, and
> 11> /12th grade Health Education.  (I will save Dale the work, I made
> about
> $34> k this school year, including coaching.)  I coach football and
> wrestling
> an> d spend countless hours supporting Boise High School athletics.  In
> the
> spr> ing time I enjoy helping out with Track and Field events including
> the
> Bois> e High Relays, the Boise City Meet, the District III SIC meet,
and
> the
> Stat> e Track Meet.  During the summer I teach 8th graders at the
Treasure
> Valley>  Math and Science Center in Physical Education and Health
> Education (Attn:
> > Dale, this is also part of my $34k per year salary.)  In my spare
time I
> en> joy volunteering with local youth sports programs and I enjoy
spending
> time>  with photography.  On occasion I attend protests and rallies for
> things I
> > support or disagree with, like today's Alberto Gonzalez protest,
sorry,
> no
> > pictures from me.  Recently I purchased my first home on a street
with a
> Mo> scow like name, kind of makes me feel like I am back in the Scow.Is
> that
> wh> at you had in mind Andreas?Tim RigsbyFormer, and hopefully
returning,
> Musco> vite" 'Politics is the art of controlling your environment.'
That
> is one
> of>  the key things I learned in these years, and I learned it the hard
> way.
> An> ybody who thinks that 'it doesn't matter who's President' has never
> been
> Dr> afted and sent off to fight and die in a vicious, stupid War on the
> other
> s> ide of the World -- or been beaten and gassed by Police for
> trespassing on
> > public property -- or been hounded by the IRS for purely political
> reasons
> > -- or locked up in the Cook County Jail with a broken nose and no
phone
> acc> ess and twelve perverts wanting to stomp your ass in the shower.
> That is
> wh> en it matters who is President or Governor or Police Chief. That is
> when
> yo> u will wish you had voted." - Hunter S. Thompson> Date: Tue, 26 Jun
> 2007
> 16> :50:35 -0700> From: ophite at gmail.com> To: vision2020 at moscow.com>
> Subject:
> [> Vision2020] Poster Biographies --> > I know what a lot of you do --
> philoso> phy professors, downtown> business owners, electricians,
> teachers -- but
> no> t everyone, and not> exactly what. So, out of possibly misplaced
> curiosity,>  I was thinking> of starting a thread for people to tell
the
> Viz  who they
> > are and> what, exactly, it is that they do.> > I was also hoping to
go
> ten
> > minutes without a flame war. Don't know> that that's going to
happen.> >
> -->  ACS> >
> services made available by First Step
> Inter> net, >  serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.
> >
> >    http://www.fsr.net                       >
> mailto:Vision2020 at m> oscow.com>
> > Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search
Club.