[Vision2020] moscow fireworks? No 4th of July Friendship Square at noon!

Linda Pall lpall at moscow.com
Tue Jun 26 10:48:24 PDT 2007

Dear All,

Moscow's Fourth of July Celebration does NOT include a fireworks display...
We participate with Pullman on the Fourth of July evening and support their
efforts.

Our civic expression of patriotism and celebration of our nation's 231st
birthday is at high noon on July 4 in Friendship Square.

I will send more details of the event but here's what's up (confirmed as of
today): Navy ROTC of the University of Idaho will present the colors.
Members of the City Council will join in a reading of teh Declaration of
Independence. Two outstanding local young people will give a short
presentation about the holiday; the American Legion Dudley Loomis Post
Commander will read a short excerpt from John Adams' letters focusing on the
Declaration of Independence and July 2 (!), the Moscow Volunteer Peace Band
will play; Jeanne McHale and Linda Pall will present some songs about the
holiday and one of teh best parts: FREE ICE CREAM IN CELEBRATION!!!!

Please come to the event... this is our second official celebration in this
form. Last Year was lots of fun... come and join us THIS year!

We scheduled our cleebration at this time and place for a number of reasons
including but not limited to the fact that many of us LOVE to attend the
Johnson parade in the morning. This gives us an opportunity to talk about
and reflect on the meaning of the holiday and have our private barbeques,
picnics and other celebrations in Moscow parks and backyards while still
managing to take in some world class fireworks (Thanks again, Pullman!).

All the best and see you in Friendship Square!

Linda Pall
Moscow City Council
Fourth of July Coordinator