[Vision2020] Sidebets on Weitz -- or not!

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Tue Jun 26 10:21:14 PDT 2007

Schwaller (or whatever the heck your name is),

Well your distain for philosophers is clear. Which is surprising since it is one of the few real degrees that you actually have!

The paradox book has nothing to do with religion or politics. It is just a survey of philosophical problems like Zeno's paradox, etc. I thought that, rather than make uninformed presumptions about philosophers, you might actually try to read something by a good one. Too much to ask, I know.

It is interesting that, like most of your posts, your previous post was not sincere. What is your real aim? Why make a bet when you won't even show your face?

--
Joe Campbell

Well thanks Dr Joe but I don't need to read a book in order to appreciate
the fact that philosophers, such as yourself, love to point out the
fundamental flaws in the way we lesser individuals (non-philosophers, for
example) form our thoughts and opinions.  And I certainly don't need to have
someone else point out to me the basic flaws in taking premises to logical
conclusions which are eventually "proven" to be absurd.  After all, I have
YOU for that!

By the way, do paradoxes also apply to the unquestioning beliefs which
liberals have towards commonly held dogma, or does it apply only to religion
and conservatives?

Best,
Glenn