[Vision2020] I knew there was a reason I didn't like Google Earth

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Mon Jun 4 21:09:50 PDT 2007

Let's just call it a religion of peace and then we can also blame the
past Christian Church for having a few children who hated God as much
as they hated the heathens around them.

I think that fewer heritics were killed during several hundred years of
the "Inquisition" than died on 9/11.

-------

In addition to blaming Google, let's also blame the automobile
manufactures for giving them the tools to get to the airport, and the
computer industry for providing the tools to look up Google, and don't
forget to blame their 3rd grade teachers for teaching them how to read
a map.

Best,

Donovan

kerry becker <kerrybecker6924 at hotmail.com> wrote:
Google As Terror Tool?

JFK terror plotter directed cohorts to use satellite mapping service

JUNE 4--One of the plotters behind the alleged scheme to explode gas
pipelines at John F. Kennedy airport directed his co-conspirators to
use Google Earth to obtain detailed aerial photos of the targeted
facility. In a federal criminal complaint, an excerpt from which you'll
find below, one of the accused, Abdul Kadir, reportedly told cohorts to
use the popular satellite software after he determined that
surveillance video shot by the men was "not sufficiently detailed for
operational purposes." Kadir, a Guyanese citizen and former member of
that country's parliament, made the Google suggestion during a February
meeting with an alleged co-conspirator and a government informant
(Kadir and three other men have been charged with planning the terror
attack). According to the complaint, the snitch followed through and
obtained the Google aerial images of JFK, which the men code named the
"chicken farm." At a May 11 meeting in Guyana, Kadir was shown the
surveillance video and
the Google Earth maps of JFK by the informant and Russell Defreitas,
one of those charged in the airport attack plan. Defreitas, the
complaint notes, "identified, among other things, the fuel tank
locations and air traffic control tower." For his part, Kadir "asked
many questions about the maps, including the distance between the
street and the fuel tanks." (6 pages)