[Vision2020] "Illegals" OK only if they fight in Iraq

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Sat Jun 2 11:11:07 PDT 2007

I agree with you that employers who knowingly employ illegals deserve any punishment they receive when they are caught.

I also agree that most are probably not master forgers. Unfortunate they don't need to be. There are plenty of unscrupulous types who are only too willing to provide the necessary documentation to work and receive benefits in this country for a fee. Many municipalities (sanctuary cities) are happy to issue ID cards, extend services, and instruct law enforcement to look the other way. All of these things not only make it attractive to come over, but pave the way for their entry into the US job market to say nothing of the health care system, educational system, and bread line.

A question I would have for you and Ms. Mix would be what do you imagine happens when an improper I-9 form is detected? Do you think that the INS and/or ICE or even the SSA swoops in to escort the miscreant back to their country of origin? let me assure you that they don't. Even when an illegal is convicted of a felony it is rare than any federal enforcement organization becomes interested.

Considering the lack of willingness to do anything about the problem once these people arrive, I think it would be most effective to do our best to keep them out in the first place. If the government could show good faith in that area, I might barely be willing to believe some of the hot air being generated with regard to further solutions to this problem.