[Vision2020] Class of 1965 vs. 2007 MHS

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Jul 22 08:06:44 PDT 2007

Before No-Clue and his circle-jerk buddies get into a rendition of "I told
you so," let me say that not ALL photos from the 1965 MHS yearbook were
posted (to include various administrative and maintenance personnel, as well
as nine new non-photographed teachers).

The school's administration in 1965 was considerably more extensive than a
principal, two counselors, and 35 teachers, as my spouse, Rodna (junior
class, page #53 of the 1965 MHS yearbook) has explained to me.

Sidebar:  Did you also notice that in 1965 Moscow High School had an
athletic director (Alton Scott).  I cannot recall ANY high schools in Los
Angeles (back in the 60s) that had a paid athletic director.

Also, almost half of Moscow High School's faculty had masters degrees (one
had a PhD and another had an MD); Dr. Catherine Ardrey taught mathematics,
science, and chemistry and Dr. (as in MD) Warren Harman taught biology and
earth science.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"I think one of the best ways to support education is to make successful
private schools like Logos prosper through tax exemption."

- Donovan Arnold (July 11, 2005)