[Vision2020] Gore Provides Surprising Reason for Son's Behavior

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 19:25:58 PDT 2007

I think I get what you are saying: anyone can simply accuse anyone else
of misconduct without having to back it up.

But you are making what I feel is an obviously untrue allegation in
order to make a point.  But with Bush, you have more than just one
person making comments.  While nothing is conclusive about his previous
drug use, it sure stinks to high heaven.  Here is what a little surfing
turned up:

- allegations of cocaine use in two books (Fortunate Son, by J. H.
Hatfield, Greg Palast, and Mark Crispin Miller; The Family: The Real
Story of the Bush Dynasty by Kitty Kelley), including allegations of
being convicted of possession of cocaine in 1972 and having the record
removed after performing a year of charity work and taking cocaine at
Camp David while his father was President.

Amazon links:
http://www.amazon.com/Fortunate-Son-George-American-President/dp/1887128840/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-9205070-2073568?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184724049&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/Family-Real-Story-Bush-Dynasty/dp/0385503245/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/104-9205070-2073568?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184723917&sr=8-2

- it appears that Bush did do one year of charity work in 1972, the only
time he has ever done so

- during his stint in the National Guard, he refused to fly starting in
April 1972 - right after the Medical Service Drug Abuse Testing Program
was announced.  This program would have administered random drug tests
to guardsmen.  Bush was ultimately grounded for not taking his scheduled
annual physical exam.

- of the 12 candidates for the 2000 Presidential election, only one
(Bush) refused to answer the question of whether or not they have ever
taken cocaine.

- lots of mealy-mouthed answers to questions on the topic over the
years, never a firm denial.  Including statements that his answering the
question would actually only entice youngsters to drug use.  Hard to do
if the answer is a firm "no".

- even some conspiracy theory like events, such as the author J. H.
Hatfield mentioned above being hounded into suicide by the Bush family
and at least one author being told that their story on the subject was a
firm go and then an out-of-character sudden rejection of their story
right before going to print.

It's mostly rumor and innuendo, yes.  It probably wouldn't hold up in a
court of law, though who knows what would happen during the discovery
period.  However, I'm not a court of law.  I'm willing to go with the
theory that a young Bush in his twenties did some cocaine.

In an odd way, I even respect the guy a little for never just coming out
and denying it.  I mean, who would know if it was or wasn't true?  If it
is true, at least he's honest enough not to come right out and lie about
it, although he sure dances around the issue.

Paul