[Vision2020] Al-Maliki: U.S. can leave 'any time'

pkraut at moscow.com pkraut at moscow.com
Sun Jul 15 20:35:46 PDT 2007

I am well aware that Maliki thinks we can go but I am do not think he is
full aware of what is going to happen. And I know that the Associated
Press couldn't wait to print this request. But, is it really what is
needed or will it be the best for all concerned? We all want our troops
home but I also do not want them to have to return in a few months just to
do the same thing again!

> You really ought to read the paper once in a while, pk.
>
> >From today's (July 15, 2007) Spokesman review -

> Al-Maliki: U.S. can leave 'any time'
>
> BAGHDAD - Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki shrugged off U.S. doubts of his
> government's military and political progress on Saturday, saying Iraqi
> forces are capable and American troops can leave "any time they want."
>
> Al-Maliki sought to display confidence at a time when pressure is
mounting
> in Congress for a speedy withdrawal of U.S. forces. On Thursday, the
House