[Vision2020] Hymn to the Intelligent Designer

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 01:05:37 PST 2007

On 1/29/07, Ralph Nielsen <nielsen at uidaho.edu> wrote:

> Tony, why should we waste our time drawing conclusions about
> theoretical speculation that neither you nor I are in a position to
> know anything about? All we know is that we are products of evolution
> in an ever-changing universe.

It is my conclusion that we live in the only possible world.  That
which is possible, happens; that which isn't, doesn't.  We don't live
in a world that I attribute to intelligence, nor do we live in a world
that I attribute to chance.  We live in a world that is precisely like
it is because the googolplex of causes/events before NOW occurred in
precisely the manner that they did, and not another.  Intelligence
isn't necessary to postulate, and chance doesn't exist.  To paraphrase
Voltaire, chance is a word invented by man to express the visible
effects of all unknown causes.