[Vision2020] Cleaning a DVD/CD

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 16:29:34 PST 2007

Carl et. al.

Bad scratches can be fixed!

Howard Hughes Video offers resurfacing of CDs/DVDs with their resurfacing
machine, for a fee, and I wonder if this will work with a game disc?  When
damage is serious, cleaning will not help much, though the Brasso idea might
work with minor damage.  Think of the resurfacing like sanding a rough wood
surface to be smooth, though sand paper is not recommended for your discs,
of course.  I suspect that a disc can be resurfaced a limited number of
times, and if the damage goes all the way to the data surface, you may be
out of luck.

You can buy resurfacing machines also for not too much money...like $30, I
seem to recall... or close to that.   I've seen them for sale at Hastings...

Ted Moffett