[Vision2020] Cleaning a DVD/CD

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 25 19:49:41 PST 2007

Carl Westberg wrote:

> I was playing an intense game of MVP Baseball on my PS2 last night,
> when everything went buggy.  I've determined it's not the machine, but
> the disc.  Has anyone ever tried cleaning a disc with soap and water?
> Does it work?    Carl Westberg Jr.

I've actually had some luck with Brasso.  Clean it off with water,
first, then let it dry.  Use a soft cloth, put some brasso on, and then
rub it off as if you were polishing the disk.  Before using Brasso, I
had some luck with simple Windex, but not much.  If you have a bad
scratch, you may be out of luck.

Paul