[Vision2020] The Bible, Map or Territory

david sarff davesway at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 22 11:47:31 PST 2007

Gary,
Tardy response? I’m so slow, a glacier would beat me in keyboard exorcise.
You’re more diamond than you usually let on. Laceration is a bit too strong
of a descriptor, the sensation was more like akin to a loaded capacitor
letting go of charge in the rump pocket.
While we’re rolling around in the tumbler with the rest of the pebbles,
revealing our colors, characteristics and getting shinier. My honest opinion
and best hope is that you consider something here. Though your own hide be
impervious and useful to yourself in that regard. For a potentially greater
shine, consider a stronger application of empathy in your approach to
delaminating others silly to you positions. If personal shine be damned, try
it as an outreach.
  There are several devote persons who brand themselves libertarians on my
mothers side of the family. It seems to me that you may not be showing the
whole story with regard to who you agree with and otherwise. I share many
libertarian views, am strongly independent and fight off restraining BS as
best as possible. Certainly don’t appreciate uncle sam under the hood of
vehicles these days and the fact that one has to order trusses  and not
build them yourself, these have complicated my life. We are part of
something bigger though and are remiss when we stand fast alone in sharing
our commons. This fight over the commons is going to rise rapidly in future
years. No subject of piffle there.
Paint me liberal if you choose, it’s true that the Déjà vu album , Candles
in the Rain and a health dose of true Funk push my heart beat. And, I think
Dick Cheney is a despot…yet, so is Hillary, and there is an elitism thread
in the higher education circles that are a bother.
If one plants left foot and walks with right or plants right and does the
same, that is a path of only circles. I hope not to do that all the time.

As far as my original post goes, could some point about the effects of
branding be considered? Edward Bernays would have gotten no place had he not
fully understood branding and used it in market applications. Usefulness
used to be looked for in the old markets. Now its love and your inner rebel
for sale. Big money can pay psychoanalysts to help make sales. That sort of
subliminal underpinning is hard for a discerning buyer to compete with. My
bottom line with business is that we need corporate charter reform and will
stop growing government controls as a result.
Also, related to that post, the subject of our ability to project plans for
the future. To view a tomorrow or next year include our individual
identities conspiring to live forever. Incalculable energies and resources
have been wasted, societies come and gone, all steeped in schemes devised to
cope with the inner angst 99 % of persons have about perceptual identity
annihilation. Which is nothing to laugh at to be sure but seems a valuable
direction to examine.
Thanks
Dave

]