[Vision2020] Doug Wilson Interview

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 17 22:27:55 PST 2007

Ooooo....good question, Sue.

Statements by the likes of Nancy Wilson, such as "First you must view your
husband as your head." are just plain scary!  WHY must someone be the head
of any women?  What, God didn't give women a good enough one?  Does that
mean God makes mistakes?  Or that His works are incomplete when it comes to
women?

Or this:  "Women are readily deceived.... What a great protection to have a
head to submit to, rather than being swayed by our own emotions, whims, and
fears. A woman must cultivate a very high view of her head, the position God
has given him over her, as well as the authority God has given him."

Cripes - EASILY DECEIVED!  Women can't even think for themselves without a
guy (husband) to make sure they don't get it wrong?!   I'd certain agree
with this statement if you be talking about CC'ers wives....especially Nancy
who is so very, very apparently easily deceived by Pope Doug!

Or this: "When we adopt a high view, submission is seen in an entirely
different light. Submitting to someone whom God has placed over us with
loving authority is a relief, not a burden...We need to see submission to
our own head as a means of our protection and a means to our happiness."

Isn't this what Pope Doug said about the black slaves pre-the-Civil War
times?!  They LIKED being slaves so as to not overtax their brains by
thinking or worrying about having to take care of themselves?  So what - men
(white men) are God's answer to all the ills that the rest of us "suffer"
from such as just being alive?  Damn - Bush ain't got nothin' over you, Big
Guy!

Seems to me that God is saying both should be taking care of and for the
other....that neither of them is actually better than the other.  Marriage
is a partnership - not a "lordship and slave" kinda thing (yeah, I do know
how CC'ers like having their slaves - wives - whatever...but DAMN!)

J  :]