[Vision2020] Can Algae Fill Our Gas Tanks & Can Coal Energy KeepCO2 Stored?

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 17:56:26 PST 2007

Roger et. al.

One option for cars and light trucks is hybrid gas or diesel/electric
plug-ins.  This type of vehicle would differ from the usual hybrids we now
see on the streets given it would have bigger and/or better battery
technology.  They are designed to charge their batteries from a source
external to the car (while still being able to charge off the cars operation
like a regular hybrid) hopefully off "clean" alternative energy, like solar
or wind, reducing the use of fossil fuels, while still having a biofuel or
fossil fuel option.  One environmental expert I read said he thought this
would be a good transition solution for cars and trucks.

Improvements in energy storage, either battery or:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_storage

are a much needed development, especially when relying on solar or wind,
that are not always able to supply power, one of the main criticisms of
solar and wind that some insist means we still must rely on large scale
energy power plants that can always be relied on, like nuclear or coal fired
plants that can run 24 hours a day.

Ted Moffett