[Vision2020] Selling Latah Health Services

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Fri Jan 5 08:01:48 PST 2007

Bill, BJ, Debbie, et al,

I don't understand yet what kind of contractual agreement will be made
between Gritman and the county, should the voters approve the sale, in order
to insure that Gritman complies with the intentions and wishes of the
commissioners, Latah County citizens, and Gritman's own currently published
intentions.

Without a clear, comprehensive, written contract the county's and the
citizen's expectations may not be fulfilled after the sale for any number of
reasons, and thus leaving the county and its citizens without legal
recourse.

This is not a criticism of Gritman.  In general, I think they serve us well.
The point is that all unwritten agreements/understandings which are part of
a property transfer/sale may be unenforceable given the Statute of Frauds.
http://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newidst?sctid=090050003.K

W.