[Vision2020] DISH Network Drops Court TV???

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 16:45:45 PST 2007

On 1/4/07, Saundra Lund <sslund at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> Man, if I'd have switched to from Time Warner to DISH to keep KAYU and was now losing Court TV, I'd be *real* p*ss*d  :-(

>From Wikipedia:

"To begin 2007, retransmission consent issues forced CourtTV off Dish
Network systems; ironically, despite the fact that Court TV took their
signal off Dish Network [2], commercials airing on sister networks CNN
and CNN Headline News (under a courtroom-like "stand up and object"
theme) portray the situation as Dish pulling the signal off their
system, pressuring viewers to have Dish Network put the channel back
on their system, without stating anything about the retransmission
rates."

And, a link from The Hollywood Reporter:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/search/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003526304&imw=Y