[Vision2020] DISH Network Drops Court TV???

Mike Hall mikech at fsr.com
Thu Jan 4 16:45:55 PST 2007

Saundra,

Personally I'd rather have FOX.......  :^)  but what you have reported is
discussed further on their website.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/missingchannels/courttv

DISH Network's contract with Turner Networks expired Dec. 31, 2006.
Consequently, at 10:00 p.m. MT on Dec. 31, 2006, Turner Networks ceased
delivery of CourtTV to DISH Network customers. DISH Network deeply regrets
the disruption of service.   Over the past several months, DISH Network
diligently tried to reach an agreement with Turner Networks for continued
carriage of CourtTV.  Dish Network offered to carry CourtTV in America's Top
120 package, which reaches approximately 75% of Dish Network's domestic
subscribers. Unfortunately, Turner Networks refused to deliver a reasonable
offer for carriage in America's Top 120 package that fairly reflected
CourtTV's overall ratings performance and value.  Their response was to
demand more than a 70% increase in rates.

"We are working hard to negotiate a fair contract with Turner Networks and
CourtTV," said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for
EchoStar's DISH Network. "But we must also protect our customers from
unreasonable demands.  It is not fair to ask our customers to pay a DBS
premium for a channel owned by the second largest cable operator, Time
Warner. We take pride in offering consumers the best value for pay TV
service in the industry, and we remain committed to keeping our cost
structure low to the benefit of our customers."

In the meantime, DISH Network is offering customers a free preview of
Biography, a channel which broadcasts high quality content often requested
by DISH Network customers.

Sincerely,

Mike Hall
Area Sales Manager