[Vision2020] Can Algae Fill Our Gas Tanks & Can Coal Energy KeepCO2 Stored?

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 19:22:23 PST 2007

Roger et. al.

If I have my facts straight, I think the Spangle biofuel plant that just
went under before even getting going was the one that was once going to go
near the Port of
Wilma... But don't quote me on this!  The article in the Spokesman Review
said the main investor behind the Spangle biofuel plant had given up on a
biofuel plant in our area.

There is a big biofuel plant that is supposed to be built in Southern Idaho
by Iogen of Canada, using straw in a cellulosic biofuel process.  We shall
see if this happens.

Biofuels have promise, but I think there is a lot of naive optimism in the
hopes they can practically and economically, without serious impacts of
agriculture or the environment, sustainably replace a majority of the fossil
fuels that power our cars and trucks nation wide.

When I see this happen I will believe it.

Ted