[Vision2020] Life after death?

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Mon Feb 26 21:01:38 PST 2007

Doug,

You are pitiful. You claim you believe in the Bible but you obviously
do not. There is nothing about life after death in the Psalms, no
matter how loud you sing them.

You dragged 2 verses out of context from Ezekiel, but they deal with
deportees  returning to Jerusalem after the Exile. Again, absolutely
nothing about life after death. Why do you bother quoting from the
Bible if you don't believe what it says?

Get real, Doug. There isn't any life after death; there is only life
before death. So make the most of it. Don't waste your time on
escapist fantasies.

"Go, eat your bread with enjoyment, and drink your wine with a merry
heart; for God has long ago approved what you do. ... Whatever your
hand finds to do, do with your might; for there is no work or thought
or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are
going" (Ecclesiastes 9:7,10).

Have a nice night, Doug.

Ralph

On Feb 26, 2007, at 5:48 PM, heirdoug at netscape.net wrote:

> Ralph,
>
> If you say that you believe what you say here, you really do have
> NO hope for life after death.
>
> How very, very sad!
>
> I guess that those imprecatory Psalm songs have no effect on that
> "exterior of stone" you have around your heart and shriveled soul.
>
> "I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them;
> I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart
> of flesh." (Ezekiel 11:19)
>
> "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will
> remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of
> flesh." (Ezekiel 36:26)

Heirdoug