[Vision2020] Life after death?

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Mon Feb 26 17:12:16 PST 2007

Sorry, Doug. Don't forget that "those who go down to Sheol do not
come up" (Job 7:9). And you don't have a "living spirit" that is
separate from your body. So you want to reside in heaven with your
creator? Have you forgotten what he said soon after the creation?

Then the LORD God said, "See, the man has become like one of us,
knowing good and evil; and now, he might reach out his hand and take
also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever" (Genesis 3:22).

So the LORD God drove the man out of the garden of Eden and placed
the cherubim with a flaming sword to guard the way to the tree of
life (vv. 23-24).

So just get this into your little head, Doug. God doesn't want you or
anybody else to live forever with him in heaven. When you die you
will return to the dust from which you were made, your body together
with the operating system you like to call a "living spirit." And the
rest of God's creation will continue on its merry way without you.
Your dust, of course, will be recycled, but eventually you will be
forgotten, just as the Bible says. Read Ecclesiastes 9:1-12. When did
you stop believing it.

Ralph