[Vision2020] Satan

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Mon Feb 26 10:37:20 PST 2007

Doug,

Thanks for the compliment. So you think I'm being used by God as a
satan to prevent you from making an ass of yourself. You could be
right. You badly need to do some serious Bible study.

An excellent book to begin with is: Introduction to the Hebrew Bible
(with CD-ROM), by John J. Collins. (Minneapolis: Fortress Press,
c2004, ISBN 0-8006-2991-4). Dr. Collins is a charming Irishman who
writes in plain English. I saw and heard him in 2000 at Gonzaga
University in Spokane at the PNW regional convention of the Society
of Biblical Literature. I saw and heard Elaine Pagels in 2005 at the
huge (8,400 attending) national SBL convention at San Antonio TX.

Ralph