[Vision2020] vision 2020 proposal

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Fri Feb 23 06:51:08 PST 2007

Tom says:
"If John Dickinson's term expires in December of this year, I assume
then that there is an election scheduled for this November?  If so,
wouldn't it be more prudent to simply let it remain vacant until
somebody is elected to fill it?"

Yes, elections are again this November.  And that may be Mayor Chaney's
plan--just leave it open for the next 10 months.  I don't know if she
can be "forced" to fill the position, but if we have situations again
where two council members get sick, with an appointment we'd still have
a quorum.  Right now, only one council member can be absent at a time
and still allow the council to do the city's business.

Not that it's that big a deal, but it might be to some people.

DC