[Vision2020] Wilson's Excuses

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sat Feb 17 17:58:19 PST 2007

An important point I would interject here, at the risk of engaging in
circular reasoning, is that "the government" would be a government of the
saints; i.e., those covenanted people chosen for God's mercy, not God's
wrath, according to the Calvinism of the Kirk.

No secular government -- an institution God has permitted, according to
Wilson, because of the failures of the Church -- would enact any laws or
engage in any punishments; when Wilson's take on the postmillennial triumph
of the church is present, the only government will be that of God and His
chosen.  Further, that government-of-the-chosen would be so staunchly united
in its every endeavor, and so necessarily male, that participation in it
would be extended to Wilson and the entire CA staff -- symbolically if not
in reality.

In other words, Wilson could remove himself from any stoning by saying that
"the government" is doing it, not him -- and yet "the government" would by
definition be made up of covenant men just like Wilson, BECAUSE they are
covenant men just like Wilson.  There would, then, be no refuge for Wilson
to disagree with any punishment meted out, nor would he have to actually
pick up a stone to extract divine wrath on the evildoer.  To a Calvinist,
all the world's a stage, and the sovereignty of God, in their understanding,
allows for as much horror as benevolence to further the cause of the
Kingdom.  Individual executors of God's will appear to matter very little,
which is small comfort to the executed.

And which is one of about 4,736 reasons I am not a Calvinist.

keely