[Vision2020] Godwin's Law Strikes Again!

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Feb 8 17:18:58 PST 2007

In my 20 years of service (commencing in 1969) I have NEVER seen, been a
party to, or heard of any person in a position of leadership (especially an
NCO) acting in such a manner as described by Roger Falen.

I never used such language when I was a squad leader nor later as a platoon
sergeant.  If anybody under my supervision addressed ANYBODY (black, white,
green, or purple) in such a manner, they suddenly found themselves on detail
during every free moment until I got tired of volunteering their name.

I have had black supervisors over me several times in the course of my
military career.  Believe me.  They were tougher on use of the N-word than I
was.

Maybe I have simply been fortunate during my 20 years of service not to have
been exposed to such ignorance as that related by Mr. Falen.  If, in fact,
the incident occurred exactly as Mr. Falen has described, that sergeant
should have been severely reprimanded.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown