[Vision2020] Mixed news for Wolves

Brent Bradberry brentbradberry at clearwire.net
Thu Feb 1 07:43:03 PST 2007

Matt and Paul suggest limited hunting for wolves (e. g. 200 tags/ year).
I agree, although I think that the details as to the actual number of
tags issued each year, open and closed hunting regions, etc should be
left to science (meaning wildlife biologists).

I do believe that sufficient contiguous habitat, (roadless areas?)
should be closed to hunting wolves. I also believe that, once controlled
hunting begins, wolves are intelligent enough to learn quickly that
humans are dangerous and to be avoided. However, I've said before that
the "Devil is in the details"

Brent Bradberry