[Vision2020] Attendees At UN Climate Conference PayForConference Associated CO2 Emissions

Kai Eiselein, editor editor at lataheagle.com
Tue Dec 11 10:14:26 PST 2007

No, I wasn't able to get out of the office, as I recall.
I did some checking online, including taking a gander at the Chicago Climate Exchange website.
>From what I found, the winners are major polluters and middlemen/brokers, and possibly corporate offset providers. For the most part, the startup costs and commissions taken by the middlemen will keep many, smaller prospective offsetters out of the game.
I have a feeling there will be a lot of self-congratulating and back patting over what they've "done" for the environment, without having done much, if anything.
The price of credits has dropped like a rock over the last 180 days. They've gone from a high of over $3 in April and July/August to under $2 in November, with a slight rebound to just over $2 now.
Yet, some places are selling these credits for $5+ just so someone can feel good about driving that Escalade to their local organic grocery for Fair Trade coffee and organic jicama.
What a racket, I wish I'd thought of it. Then I could have kept my '65 T-Bird and ditched my '06 Hyundai.