[Vision2020] Craig's official statement

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Thu Aug 30 18:02:15 PDT 2007

Should we be able to marry our own mothers? Wow, Gary, you are really
pushing the envelope here! I assume that you think that we should be allowed
to marry our own mothers. I'll have to think about it and get back to you.

Otherwise, see my response to Schwaller.

Is it a habit of conservatives to change the topic? I hope to God you're not
taking rhetoric classes from Wilson! Or if you are, that you're not paying him.

Come see the light, Gary. I'm teaching logic next semester, too.

--
Joe Campbell

---- "g. crabtree" <jampot at roadrunner.com> wrote:

=============
Mr. Campbell asserts:

"The fact is that you and I and Gary have the right to marry the adult
person of our choice and many
gays and lesbians do not."

Actually this is not entirely correct. You can't marry your mother, sister,
or adult daughter. I suppose in the spirit of non-discrimination you would
like to see this change as well?

He then goes on to proclaim:

"...comparison with the case of polygamy is faulty. NO ONE has the right to
marry more than one person."

Why not? If we are to extend the definition of marriage to the length that
makes you happy, why not extend it to make the next guy in line content. To
boldly assert that "NO ONE has the right to marry more than one person" is
ludicrous on the face of it. Currently no one has the right to country wide
recognition of a marriage to a  member of the same sex and you're only too
willing to give that convention the heave ho, by what measure is the "more
than one person" argument a sacred cow other than your arbitrary say so?