[Vision2020] Criags response

Kai Eiselein fotopro63 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 29 23:39:53 PDT 2007

Sue,
My apologies, from what I've seen on the list, the issue has been "Is he or isn't he" and he's a hypocrite if he's gay/bi for standing against legislation most of his constituents also disagree with. (Moscow's political demographic does not represent the majority of Idaho, and as an avowed independent I believe I stand in an even smaller minority than the "blues".)
It is the duty of our elected officials to represent the people who elected them. If the majority stands in opposition to legislation the representative is in favor of, it is the duty of the representative to heed the will of his/her electorate and vote as his/her constituents wish.
Not that this happens much anymore, but just a thought of how things are supposed to work.
The sad truth is that most of our elected officials are corrupt, the ideals our founders strived for have been forgotten, ignored or tossed aside.

From: suehovey at moscow.comTo: fotopro63 at hotmail.com; vision2020 at moscow.comSubject: Re: [Vision2020] Criags responseDate: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 23:05:14 -0700

You err when you say others haven't been troubled by Craig's attempt to use his power.  From my perspective that was the most egregious act he committed.  I believe it was Orin Hatch who also referred to it as being the most unethical act he committed.   And from one whom he intimidated and patronized the several years  I lobbied him as a teacher and union leader, he's a master at it.

Sue H.