[Vision2020] music and books

Kai Eiselein, editor editor at lataheagle.com
Tue Aug 28 10:19:18 PDT 2007

I don't have a lot of time to settle down with a book anymore, but I did
manage to work my way through Melanie Rae Thon's "Sweet Hearts", a rather
dark read.
Mel sent me a signed copy after I contacted her about some Christmas
portraits of her family that my grandfather took in the late 50's , which I
found while archiving my family's photos.
It was kind of weird to see such a dark side of someone I had always seen as
happy and bright. The Thons had a lake cabin near ours and Mel was one of my
babysitters when I was young. They also had the best pie-apple tree in
Kalispell...mmmmm.
Music:
My tastes range from big band swing, Gregorian chants and classical
(especially Ravel) to April Wine, The Cars, Boston and Kiss, with some
Disney show tunes tossed in. All depending on mood, of course.