[Vision2020] The Calvinist Kirk Cathedral

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Aug 15 11:41:57 PDT 2007

Nick raises a good point regarding parking -- and I would add that many of my friends in the UU walk to their church service, living, as they do, in the neighborhood surrounding the church.  I'm not aware of too many people living within walking distance -- and that's walking distance as defined by Sunday-dressed,  stroller-pushing dads and moms with babes in arms -- of the 7/10ths lot Christ Church has just purchased.  By proxy, as we all know.I do regret that those who object to the planned use of the lot by a church expecting more than 600 people to attend its services are automatically seen as Intoleristas.  Most of us have had to work a little harder to deserve such an honorific!And yeah -- I did change the "KKK" spelling.  I think we can do better in pointing out the Kirk's cozying up to groups most people, certainly most Christians, would run away from -- if they weren't being "Intoleristas" in seeking justice by those groups' defeat.

            Send
    keely"Patriarchy and its abuses, including the alienation of woman and man from each other, resulted from the material demands of life outside of the Creator's abundance, a state God never intended human beings to experience in the first place ... Redemption means turning over the order of things in the fallen world."-- Dr. Carrie Miles> Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:11:26 -0700> From: ngier at uidaho.edu> To: vision2020 at moscow.com> Subject: [Vision2020] The Kalvinist Kirk Kathedral> > Good Morning Visionaries:> > With regard to parking, the UU church was grandfathered in because it > was originally a Swedish Lutheran Church.  My assumption is that > triangle of land has always been for a grain elevator, but since > Wilson started his church in a body shop, he might argue that the > "uses" are close enough for kirk work.  Couldn't resist the > comparison to guviment work!> > There is also a matter of numbers.  50-60 tops people attend each of > the two UU Sunday morning services.  Currently there are about 600 > who attend Wilson's service and 200 who attend Leithart's > service.  That's 800 people in perhaps 500 cars every Sunday > morning.  Good luck to those who wish to wish their loved ones at Gritman!> > Furthermore, the UUs were told that if they added on to the existing > building that they would have provide new parking.> > I've added one more "K" to the Kirk Kathedral.  It stands for > "Kalvinist," which means the fake Calvinism of Wilson's Federal > Vision.  It's also an acronym that fits very well their love for all > things Southern.> > Nick Gier> > =======================================================>  List services made available by First Step Internet, >  serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.   >                http://www.fsr.net                       >           mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com> =======================================================