[Vision2020] 'Saint' Nick's attempt at humor

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Wed Aug 15 12:05:09 PDT 2007

'Saint' Nick,

I appreciate your meager attempt at humor and math so early in the
morning. I know that jet lag can be a real bummer.

I thought that I would correct your math accuracy just a bit. Your
humor will have to stand on it's own.

There are about 850 (not the 600 folks as you suggest) who meet at the
field house each and every Lord's day to worship God, confess sin, sing
psalms and hymns and feed at the Table of the Lord. At Trinity Church
there are about 275-300 who do the same. The average family size is
about 5-7 souls who ride in cars. Some families have 9 or 12 and use a
RAV (Reformed Assault Vehicles). We use a 15 passenger RAV ourself.
This would give you about 200 or so RAV's for Christ Church and 75
RAV's for Trinity Church. If you use your math skills that you obtained
prior to your Philosophy PHD, you would get 275 RAV's not the 500 cars
that you ciphered.

As to having enough parking spaces... has any one ever heard of buses
and walking. And the last I checked there are a lot of businesses
closed on Sunday leaving Main street parking open for the use.

Now for your cryptic last paragraph. Is this like your letter in the
Idaho Statesman where your professional philosophy views were
accurately titled? First you equated Christ Church with the Nazi's now
you attempt to equate us with the KKK. Maybe you should just continue
to teach by word and actions, on the morality and personal benefit of
shacking up.

lemeno, Doug

Trinity Fest - once a year defibrillator for the 'Heart of the Arts'

Good Morning Visionaries:

With regard to parking, the UU church was grandfathered in because it

was originally a Swedish Lutheran Church.  My assumption is that

triangle of land has always been for a grain elevator, but since

Wilson started his church in a body shop, he might argue that the

"uses" are close enough for kirk work.  Couldn't resist the

comparison to guviment work!

There is also a matter of numbers.  50-60 tops people attend each of

the two UU Sunday morning services.  Currently there are about 600

who attend Wilson's service and 200 who attend Leithart's

service.  That's 800 people in perhaps 500 cars every Sunday

morning.  Good luck to those who wish to wish their loved ones at
Gritman!

Furthermore, the UUs were told that if they added on to the existing

building that they would have provide new parking.

I've added one more "K" to the Kirk Kathedral.  It stands for

"Kalvinist," which means the fake Calvinism of Wilson's Federal

Vision.  It's also an acronym that fits very well their love for all

things Southern.

Nick Gier