[Vision2020] Trinity Festival protest

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 19:16:16 PDT 2007

On 8/9/07, g. crabtree <jampot at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> Mr. Schou fatuously claims:
>
>  "Men haven't sufficiently oppressed women; therefore, God judges us by
> making men's sons effeminate."
>
> This is so at odds with what has been laid down in print that I'm afraid
> what little credibility you may have had (and admittedly it wasn't very
> much) is completely out the window. In C/A In the article "Owning the Curse:
> Rethinking Same Sex Marriage' by Douglas Wilson And Douglas Jones it
> specifically states that the core failure leading to the problem is "the
> failure of neglectful/domineering fathers and husbands." In the same
> treatise in the following paragraph it states "The calling of Christian men
> is to be godly husbands and fathers, within the family and within the
> Church."

Gary --

Why don't you then examine the church's teaching about a woman's role
in the home and society to determine? I recommend _Her Hand in
Marriage_ or _Reforming Marriage_, in which Doug discusses how a woman
is to pass as chattel between her father and her future husband.
Alternatively, you might try _The Fruit of Her Hands_. Or, if you
prefer, you might just open up your browser -- something you seem
quite adept at doing -- to read some of the reviews of

Arranged marriages are the ideal to which they aspire, followed by an
interminable pregnancy interrupted by cleaning house and
non-consensual sex. By any sane standard, this is oppression. It walks
and quacks like a duck, despite Doug's attempts to make it out to be
an eagle.

-- ACS