[Vision2020] Trinity Festival protest

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Thu Aug 9 18:03:33 PDT 2007

I realize that among you and your friends that mindless repitition is a prefectly acceptable substitute for reason. With that in mind why don't we dive into exactly what is being said in the arcicle by Mr Dickison that you feel compelled to trot out every time it becomes nessacary to bash CC.

Paragraph 1: The set. Misc. quotes from The Bible. Specificly Romans, Exodus, and Leviticus. A quick peek  at The Book tells me you got no argument here cuz low and behold there they are!

Paragraph 2: The turn. Let's go slow so I don't lose you on any of the corners.

"In contemporary American jurisprudence, none of these offenses is punishable by death, with the occasional exception of murder."

By golly, he's got that one right.

"The magistrates have dispensed with God's standards of justice."

For the most part absolutely true.

"Some Christians believe this is an improvement. They would be horrified to think that the "harsh" penalties of the law should still be applied."

Hard to argue that one with Ms. Mix looking over our shoulder.

"Sometimes this is the result of the mistaken belief that the Old Testament has no further application after the advent of Christ. This is an exegetical problem." (Exegesis (from the Greek ἐξηγεῖσθαι 'to lead out') involves an extensive and critical interpretation of an authoritative text, especially of a holy scripture, such as of the Old and New Testaments of the Bible.)

Once again, right on target. Denominations, Church leaders, & scholars to this day do not agree to what level New Testament revelation and salvation supercedes Old Testament law.

"Too often, it is the result of a sinful view of the criminal. This sin is called pity."

Hold on tight here, chum. This is the reveal, the turning point, the crux of the bisciut, as it were. From this point forward in this article we are examining the charicteristics of misplaced pity and NOT the desired outcomes for the sin of homosexuality. Suprised? I knew you would be!

Now I have a question for you. Did you or any of your fellow travelers on this little witch hunt actually take the time to ask Mr. Dickison what he had in  mind when he wrote this piece of did you all simply assign it what ever meaning you thought would be most damning and run with it? Never mind, the answer is obvious. (and a little sad)