[Vision2020] Trinity Festival protest

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 10:01:47 PDT 2007

> Ms. Mix claims the issue of the death penalty and homosexuality have not
> been addressed together. From the references I cited:
>
> "On the one hand, we are being attacked for wanting to execute homosexuals,
> WHICH WE DO NOT, (my emphasis added) and on the other hand, we are attacked
> for favoring homosexual marriages, which we do not favor."

The problem being, Gary, is that this is a lie. Or, perhaps, not a
lie, merely an evasion. To Wilson, words don't have meanings; words
merely have functions. The function of that statement is to evade
criticism.

Here's, I think, the official stance, as told to me by Wilson himself:

Homosexuality (including gay marriage) is a judgment on America, much
like a plague of locusts or frogs, brought on by feminism. Men haven't
sufficiently oppressed women; therefore, God judges us by making men's
sons effeminate. Therefore, under the current system, harsh punishment
for homosexuality is uncalled for, because it would be an "autonomous"
(contrast "autonomy" with "theonomy")  rejection of a judgment against
America by God. However, once America has brought its house in order,
punishment for homosexuality can include death; however, the Mosaic
code specifies only *maximum* punishments -- a judge might sentence a
homosexual merely to exile, if he were merciful. The death penalty is
reserved only for the most "serious, unrepentant" cases.

For another fantastic example of this sort of thinking, ask a Kirker
to explain why they believe in the separation of church and state.

-- ACS