[Vision2020] Trinity Festival protest

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 08:27:22 PDT 2007

On 8/5/07, Glenn Schwaller <vpschwaller at gmail.com> wrote:
> Geez you
> liberal-love-diversity-why-can't-we-all-just-get-along-except-when-I-don't-like-you
> folks certainly can work yourself up into a rabid lather over pretty much
> nothing.
>
>  No, I don't think I mean like "the Campus Reformed Fellowship members, in
> 2003, that
>  repeatedly showed up to disrupt meetings".  I think I specifically said "if
> a similar protest was organized . . ."  So, unless Friday's protest was
> designed to "disrupt meetings, ruin leadership elections, and things like
> that"  your snide reference to a 2003 event is a bit off the mark.  But your
> response certainly demonstrated (once again) my point - It's OK if we do it
> to you, but you can't do it to us.

Great.

So, we have established that you specifically think that it's fine to
show up to Head of Household meetings and shout down whoever happens
to be speaking, right? To *actually* intrude on your right to free
assembly and free practice of your religion, rather than merely appear
in a venue where you would prefer them not to be?

People are accountable for what they believe. Religious beliefs do not
occupy some bizarre conceptual space where they are immune from
criticism, especially when they advocate murder-by-judiciary. Tell me,
Glenn, what is Moscow's gay community supposed to do: believe that
there's a reasonable disagreement to be had about whether they are
allowed to continue to live?

-- ACS