[Vision2020] Chemical warfare? (Was Trinity Festival protest)

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Aug 3 07:43:20 PDT 2007

Oh, Gary.  You really can do better than this, I think.  Nobody is suggesting the "bug spray to kill 'em all" approach you offer as a necessary conclusion to Rose's spider metaphor.  That would entail outlawing their right to assemble, vandalizing their places of business rather than simply deciding not to patronize them, and physically harming or killing them.  It would look, perhaps, like an angry mob storming the Trinity Fest and hurling lite beer and granola bars at them while spewing obscenities, or breaking into the worship service and singing "The Times, They Are A-Changin.'"  In short, Gary, it would look nothing like a peaceful assembly of people who hate the messages that Christ Church proclaims.  It might be because they simply  hate racist, sexist, homophobic, combative, rude, puerile beliefs simply on their own terms, or, like me, they hate those things because they believe them to be an affront to Jesus Christ, especially when done in His name.  But it wouldn't look like a "kills 'em dead" approach to community dialog.  No, I believe the "kills 'em dead" approach is more accurately summed up by those who cling to their belief that when they're in power, they can (finally!) invoke Mosaic Law to rid their world of heretics, gays, disobedient children, adulterers, men who won't take headship at home, and women who do.  Do you know of any groups like that, Gary?  I'll give you a hint:  look downtown tonight.  It won't be the ones waving placards.keely"And these women that you spit on as they try to change their worlds/Are immune to your consultations . . . they're quite aware of what they're going through"(With apologies to David Bowie)From: jampot at roadrunner.comTo: sslund at roadrunner.com; godshatter at yahoo.com; london at moscow.comDate: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 07:19:00 -0700CC: vision2020 at moscow.comSubject: Re: [Vision2020] Chemical warfare? (Was Trinity Festival protest)

The spider analogy that you so lovingly quote seems
the perfect follow up to the statements made by Ms. Mix. The cute little story
about the creatures in the closet begs the question, what do we do with the
little dears once we imagine we discern their true nature. Try to refuse
them land, refuse them sustenance, refuse them a voice? When those measures
fail, what I would have to conclude from what you and your friends
have posted the answer is to break out the bug spray. Perhaps one
of the cyanide based insecticides such as Zyclon-B would
be appropriate?