[Vision2020] Army Officer Accuses His Generals of Iraq Failures

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 22:48:53 PDT 2007

Andreas,

  I was not asking for a loyalty oath. I don't want proof of anything.That is what you and Sunil contrived what I was asking for. It was your perception of what I was saying, your words, not mine.

  I could care less if Sunil, or anyone else gives two licks for this country. I just wanted to know. I further don't understand what the big deal is. I know lots of good people that freely do not like this country and sometimes for good reasons. What is so bad about that?

  I happen to like and dislike things about this country. I would fight for it in some wars, like WWII, without hesitation. But on the other hand, I wouldn't have fought in the second gulf war or Vietnam.

  If someone talks nasty about someone, all the time, I tend to believe the person doesn't like the person they are talking nasty about. I ask them if they don't like that person, because I cannot always tell. Same with other things, like countries. Sunil hasn't said anything nice about the US, so I assumed he doesn't like it. If he does, he does, if he doesn't, he doesn't. It wasn't meant to be anything else. Perhaps I asked the question incorrectly, or "rudely".

  Why this is such a HUGE thing, I don't know. I am at a total loss. You think I pissed on his mother grave or something for asking him if he liked this country. It wasn't a challenge to anything, just wanted to know his thoughts on the USA. If its a secret and the criminal offense of the century to ask someone their feelings on the USA, then I withdraw the question. If Sunil doesn't want to share his analytical assessments of the United States, that is fine--I just thought Sunil liked doing that so sort of thing, but apparently, I hit a soft spot of some kind.

  Best,

  Donovan

Andreas Schou <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:
  On 4/30/07, Donovan Arnold wrote:
> "You are, in fact, entitled to exactly nothing from him,
> especially not to have him respond to crypto-racist demands that he
> prove his patriotism to you."
>
> Somebody want to explain this to me? How are comments "cryto-racist?" None
> of my comments have a thing to do with Indians. Please show me where I made
> such comments and I will apologize.

Donovan --

Here's the thing, D. I've been as critical as Sunil of the idiotic
execution of this war, and I feel no obligation not to extend that
criticism to the yes-men who, in order to advance their careers into
the positions of people making legitimate criticisms, signed off on a
force one-third the size the military brass said was necessary.

But I'm not receiving any demands for a loyalty oath. Never have. Now,
why's that?

-- ACS