[Vision2020] Stop drug company lobby blitz!

Saundra Lund sslund at roadrunner.com
Mon Apr 23 14:39:36 PDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Consumers Union [mailto:action at consumer.org]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 11:47 AM
Subject: Stop drug company lobby blitz!

We need 100,000 letters to the Senate in the coming weeks!

Tell your Senator to vote FOR  real drug safety reform, and start the push
for final passage!
http://cu.convio.net/site/R?i=VhVttpXvwv0J1GA4Zgp7GQ..

Dear Saundra,

Vioxx, Paxil, Zyprexa drug companies knew their risks, but failed to tell
the public.  As a result, tens of thousands of Americans suffered or died
from these medications.

But thanks to help from thousands of you, we can now pass real drug safety
reform this spring.  A "must pass" bill will give you and your doctor
critical information about hazardous drug side effects--but the drug
industry is lobbying to strip off hard won safety provisions.

Take a moment right now to ask your Senator to vote "Yes!" for strong
reforms.
http://cu.convio.net/site/R?i=_CNghEu_o2Zi8GJ4g_rJdw

Together we have already sent more than 43,000 messages just to lawmakers on
the key committee that voted this bill out last week.  We now have just a
few weeks to solidify support in the whole Senate.  Let's send a hundred
thousand more calls, letters and emails.

This bill has real momentum, but the drug companies haven't left Washington.
They will be out in force, visiting every Senate office and trying to get
drug safety protections stripped out of this good bill.  Drug companies
spent an average of $289,000 per member of Congress to create stalemate in
Washington between 2005 and 2006--and managed to defeat Medicare drug price
reforms on the floor of the Senate just this week.

That's why it's critical that you tell your Senator right now to vote FOR
real reform  when this bill reaches the Senate floor.
http://cu.convio.net/site/R?i=p1V-hlcAQIbpCR2HSsXsIQ

Washington is broken, and the only fix is clear, persistent and direct
communication from you (alongside a hundred thousand others).  Please help
us grow this campaign!  Every Senator from every state needs to hear from
us.  Please take a moment to forward this action to everyone you know so
they can register their own thoughts on the importance of safer, lower cost
drugs to all Americans.

Thank you,
Liz Foley
PrescriptionForChange.org