[Vision2020] [Spam] Guns or thoughts

Tom Hansen idahotom at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 11:52:17 PDT 2007

Roger Falen stated:

"If some of the people there had been armed. there would probably have been
fewer people killed."

Even from Roger Falen I expected something a bit more mature than this.

Or is he on to something?

Maybe we should ensure that each and every student is permitted to carry a
loaded firearm around campus just in case the incident at Virginia Tech
should happen here on our campus.

Could you imagine what Friday afternoons at the library would be like: "I'm
going to the Reference Desk.  Cover me."

And what about football games here at UI being attended by 10,000+ fans.
How are we to know that some of them may not be a little off-center?
Students attending football games should also be armed.  Nothing wreaks more
of school spirit than a good ol' half-time shoot out after three hours of
tailgating.

Now, if one of you fine people will cover me, I've gotta go to the post
office.